OUR SELF-HELP BOOK CAVEAT
No book is the right book for everyone. You can tell it's the right book for you when you pick it up and can't put it down. Even in a great self-help book, you'll find parts to which you don't relate. Skip those sections. If you can't get into the book, then don't read it. We've put down many books only to find them again at a later more appropriate time. Don't feel obligated to read a book from cover to cover. Skip around if it keeps you more interested. If a book is recommended to you by three or more people, you're probably getting a cosmic shoulder tap and might want to pay attention!
BOOKS ON MAY DECEMBER RELATIONSHIPS
Though the husband is 14 or more years older than the wife in nearly 900,000 American marriages and the number of women marrying younger men is rapidly on the rise, there isn't a single, solitary book out there addressing the May-December relationship. While we are writing our book, this website responds to the needs of age gap couples by providing tips, tools, and secrets for creating -- and sustaining --a successful romance in all seasons.
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
Read this book when you find yourself in recurring negative patterns and want to get unstuck. This book is especially helpful for people with health problems.
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway, By Susan Jeffers
Read this when worry, anxiety, and/or a lack of self-confidence keep you from being the person you want to be.
- The Invitation by Oriah
Read this book when you are struggling with the ups and downs of life.
- Family Secrets: The Path from Shame to Healing by John Bradshaw
Read this book when you find yourself acting out with negative and/or destructive behaviors and you don't understand why.
- Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
Read this book when you are in an intense transitional period in your life.
- The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Middle Age by Marianne Williamson
Read this when you are looking for understanding and peace regarding your mid-life changes.
- The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent: Living The Art of Allowing by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Read this book when you want to make changes or create new ways of living.
BOOKS TO HELP IN FIND THE RIGHT RELATIONSHIP:
- Mars and Venus: Starting Over by John Gray
Read this when you have lost a loved one through death or break-up. It is designed to help you grieve your losses and re-enter the dating world.
- Are You The One For Me by Barbara DeAngelis
Read this BEFORE you start the search for a mate.
- In The Meantime by Iyanla VanSant
Read this when you are in a transitional period and want to "find" yourself, heal your wounds, and stop repeating old patterns.
- He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt, Liz Tuccillo, and Lauren Moncik
Read this if you repeatedly pick the wrong men.
BOOKS TO HELP YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP:
- Men are from Mars - Women are from Venus by John Gray
Read this when you are frustrated with your mate and want to understand how to improve your relationship.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Read this when you are in ANY relationship. Even if you do not identify with Christian authors, the information in this book is simple, straightforward, and a must read for everyone.
- After The Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful by Janis Abrahms Spring and Michael Spring.
Read this if you are trying to heal your relationship after an affair has occurred.
- Hot Monogamy: Essential Steps to More Passionate Intimate Lovemaking by Pat Love
Read this when your relationship has lost it's sexual zip. This in NOT just a "how to" manual. It will help you understand the sexual dynamics in long term monogamous partnerships.
- All Night Long: How to Make Love to a Man over 50 by Barbara Keesling
Read this when you and your partner are dealing with the symptoms of aging included erectile dysfunction. This is NOT just a how to manual. It provides useful information about the mechanics of a man's body and the impact of wear and tear on his sexual functioning. It also suggests many useful techniques and tricks!